Listen to Annalee Kruger talk about how her business, Care Right Inc can help you avoid the pitfalls and hassles that are associated with home health care and aging relatives.
- Annalee’s “why” of starting Care Right/Plan ahead: save time, money, and stress
- Health care system is very complex, daunting, overwhelming. Families don’t know what they don’t know. It’s hard to feel “good” about decisions during a medical crisis. Families have to make BIG decisions fast and rarely do they feel confident.
- What we do and why it’s critical to have these difficult conversations and pro-active planning (thorough assessment, facilitate difficult conversations in non threatening way, learn what is working well/less well, what are the goals and what are the resources (financials, insurance, other benefits to access like VA benefits), and then develop together, a short term and long term plan
- “Close your eyes”–what would YOU do if you received a phone right now and were told your aging loved one was hospitalized. What plans do you have in place? Do you if there is a living will, power of attorney (health and finance documents and where are they kept/do you have a copy), do you know what your loved one’s insurance is? Do you know what their financial resources are? If this brief exercise helped make you realize you/your family is unprepared, please continue to listen in and consider having a neutral 3rd party assist you with you/your family health planning
- What is it like to be a family caregiver (it can be a workable situation if there are proper supports in place and the family relationship(s) are conducive to such an active role in caregiving
- The emotional, physical, financial toll of being a caregiver
- Upcoming holiday signs to look for when visiting your loved one (weight changes, memory/recall concerns, unkempt appearance, odors, does their house look maintained, do a home tour to see how bathrooms look and look in the refrigerator and pantry to see what they are eating, check medication administration system and make sure no expired medications, bruises may indicate falls, make sure appliances all work, if loved one drives, walk around the car to check for dents/scratches, etc.
- Helpful to have an experienced advocate to oversee care, doctor appointments, frequent check ins
- Develop grab and go binder for emergencies
- Short term and long term planning (supports at home and retirement community waiting list)
- Support groups/workshops
- Know what the community resources are
(262)422-3443Riverview Corp Center, 27499 Riverview Center Blvd, Suite 113, Bonita Springs, FL 34134
Where Your Thoughts Go, Your Energy Goes…